[Pdx-pm] Jifty template?

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 12:13:44 PST 2006

# from benh
# on Friday 15 December 2006 10:02 am:

>If not is that something that we could have a hack fest around? I
>haven't looked at the jifty codebase so I have no idea what would be
>involved in abstracting Mason out but is that something that any one
>else is interested in at least thinking about?
>
>On 12/15/06, Thomas J Keller <kellert at ohsu.edu> wrote:
>> Is Jifty working with the Template Toolkit yet?

I believe TT support would have to run on top of Mason.  However,  the
current direction appears to be favoring the new Template::Declare.

  http://svn.jifty.org/svn/jifty.org/Template-Declare/

I get the impression that this is intended to provide template
functionality without whatever drawbacks TT must have (or be perceived
to have) in the jifty context.  This is just my understanding of what's
going on based on peripheral observation.  If you're really curious,
it's probably best to get on the jifty mailing list or #jifty on
irc.freenode.net.

--Eric
--
Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to
predict the future is to invent it.