[Pdx-pm] OSCON 2.0

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:59:11 PDT 2006

>OSCON ...

Seems to be a lot of "2.0" stuff going on this year.  Web 2.0, Open
Source 2.0, etc. 2.0.  (where's matz with ruby 2.0?)

Does anyone actually have *fond* memories of Dos 2.0, Windows 2.0, Linux
2.0, Python 2.0, or Perl 2.0?  Anything 2.0?

I know it's just a label, but if it's a label for a turning-point of
some sort, I would think past experience would teach us to give the
corner a wide berth and try to slingshot past 2.0 as quickly as
possible.

--Eric
--
The opinions expressed in this e-mail were randomly generated by
the computer and do not necessarily reflect the views of its owner.