[Pdx-pm] Build vs. MakeMaker

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Feb 13 21:39:53 PST 2005

Still learning about building apps.  Apparently MakeMaker is passe,
and the New Thing is Module::Build .  OTOH, MakeMaker always works
with most Perl installations, while Build may not be fully rolled
out yet.  OTGH, it apparently is possible to hack things so that
the first thing Makefile.pl does is install Build.

So confusing!  I want to roll out a test version of Dirvish in the
next two weeks, followed by a production version in a couple of
months.  I would like to keep things as simple as possible.  I
would also like to learn the New Thing and not bother learning the
Old Thing if I can.  Suggestions?

Keith