[Pdx-pm] Documentation Templates for CGI scripts

Randall Hansen randall at sonofhans.net
Sat Aug 13 14:22:36 PDT 2005

On Aug 13, 2005, at 12:41 PM, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> One thing that I didn't see addressed in the Documentation chapter
> is how
> to document _invisible_ scripts.  Those that only a coder will look
> but
> aren't really modules.

FWIW, i try very hard to avoid these.  the more i try, the easier it
gets :)

> What I'm interested in is how those of you that write web apps
> document
> your code.

this is a typical cgi script for me:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use ToolTrack::CGI;
ToolTrack::CGI->new( config_path => '../config.yaml' )->run_cgi;

all the documentation is in the modules.  that means it's trivial to
test, as well, since i can match regexes on the output of
individual ::CGI methods.