[Pdx-pm] producing print quality pdfs

Ben Prew ben.prew at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 23:58:43 PDT 2005

You mentioned that you didn't want to convert from HTML to pdf, but
what about from latex to pdf?

Where I work we create files in (la)tex and then use pdflatex[1] to
convert them to .pdf.

I'm not sure how much precision you need, but it provides enough for
the kind of work we are doing, which is displaying tabular data with
headers and footers.

1. pdflatex on Redhat is provided by the tetex-latex rpm