[Pdx-pm] Module::*, installing more than just modules?

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Fri Oct 22 02:23:58 CDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 09:36:46PM -0700, David Wheeler wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2004, at 7:48 PM, Austin Schutz wrote:
>
> >tex at peace:~/tmp> perldoc Module::Build | grep -i shebang
> >tex at peace:~/tmp>
> >
> >	No, I didn't take the time to root around the source code to look for
> >interesting subs. But I probably should. I'd like to contribute
> >something
> >to such a critical part of Perl, and docs are always helpful.
>
> Try
>
>   perldoc Module::Build | grep -i script
>
> Regards,
>
> David

	I'm not sure if you are intentionally flaming me or you're just
inadvertantly insulting my intelligence, however neither sentiment is very
appreciated.

	I did end up making it work, after perusing the code. It is necessary
to have the top line of your script begin with #! in order for the replacement
to be done. Furthermore the install script isn't smart enough to automatically
know which files it has installed, so if you make changes (as for testing)
to the script in question you have to uninstall the just installed version in
order to see changes made. That _is_ documented, but is unintuitive behavior
that I initially missed.

	Austin