[Pdx-pm] DBD::mysql cont.

James marks jamarks at jamarks.com
Tue Mar 30 23:55:26 CST 2004

On Mar 30, 2004, at 9:39 PM, Austin Schutz wrote:

> 	Also Unix is case sensitive, you probably want the command 'make', not
> the command 'Make'.

Mis-typed the actual command I used. I did use the lower-case "make" in
my attempts.

The weird thing to me - and, again, I'm very new at this - is that
every Perl module that's been installed on my machine has been
installed using the MCPAN auto install method in order to properly deal
with module dependencies and such, and every installation up until this
one has gone smoothly (as far as I can tell, anyway) so I'm not sure
why, suddenly, the installer is unable to find the mysql_config file
when it has apparently had no problem finding in the past.

Using the "locate mysql_config" command, I immediately located the
mysql_config file. I can try to set "PATH" variables and such but why
would it suddenly be necessary now when it hasn't been for the other
modules I've installed using the same method?

Something else that seems weird to me; when I do a find for every file
ending in ".pm" I get a list of 697 files, many of which appear to be
duplicates in different directories (same name, modification date and
file size but residing in different directories). Isn't the MCAPN auto
install method supposed to be properly installing these modules in
their correct directories?

Frankly, I don't know enough about Mac OSX *NIX  or Perl and its
modules to be able to look at my directories and determine if they're
located where they should be, and I wouldn't have the first clue about
how to go about moving the modules to the correct locations and
eliminating unnecessary duplicates manually.