[Pdx-pm] DBIx::Recordset really lacks inserted primary key for sequences / auto_increments?

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.com
Sat Jul 10 20:42:19 CDT 2004

Mongers,

Does DBIx::Recordset really, in this day and age, have no way to get the
last inserted ID in a DB-independent way?  Or am I overlooking something
obvious?

I like to prototype things in SQLite before moving them to Postgres, and
the sequence vs. auto increment mismatch was conveniently covered up by
Class::DBI.  Please tell me I am missing a big obvious way to do this
with DBIx::Recordset.

Randall