[Pdx-pm] OT: Voter Registration Party

David Wheeler david at kineticode.com
Sat Jul 10 16:06:43 CDT 2004

My Fellow PDX.pmers,

My wife and I signed up to host a phone banking party run by MoveOn
PAC. We're going to register voters in one of the important
"battleground" states that will decide the election. It'll be fun - and
a powerful way to help defeat George W. Bush. Want to come to the
party? You can sign up at:

   http://action.moveonpac.org/phone/selectmtg.html?event_ids=154078

Here are the details:

  Irvington voter registration party
  2812 NE 13th Ave Portland, OR 97212
  Sunday, July 11, 02:00 PM - 04:00 PM

You can find other parties in your area -- or sign up to host your own
-- by going to:

   http://action.moveonpac.org/phone/

We'll have a list of unregistered voters to call, and scripts to read
when we're on the phone. Afterwards, we'll send a helpful kit to anyone
who tells us they'd like to register to vote, and follow up to make
sure they do. This has been shown to be a very effective way to
register voters - and there's never been a more important time to boost
registration than in the lead-up to this November's election!

Since we'll be spending a good deal of the time at the party on the
phone, it's important that you bring your own cell phone. But lists of
folks to call, scripts of what to say, and good company will be
provided.

Come join the fun!

David