[Pdx-pm] [SOT] perl based software recommendations

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Jan 26 18:03:25 CST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Josh Heumann wrote:

> This is a good start of a list.  So good, in fact, that it was made into
> a kwiki page!  Feel free to add to it at
> http://pdx.pm.org/kwiki/index.cgi?PerlApps .  Poking around, I found the
> common regluar expression list, which I just used.  It would be great to
> have a nice, comprehensive set of lists like these for our members (and
> others) to use.
>
> <subliminal>
> Go to the kwiki.  Add something.  Do it now.
> </subliminal>
<zombie>
    I did.  I will when I have something to add.  I Did.
</zombie>

I am really tempted to try perlthon on mailman.  I'm sorry but I haven't
seen any benefit of using python (this is not flame-bait).  I got too much
of a feeling of PASCAL, FORTRAN, and COBOL when I looked at some of the
code.  Maybe it's me.  Probably is.  I am after all CPF (Certified Perl
Fanatic :-).

Rod