[Pdx-pm] Good, Cheap T1 Fwd: [dougw@pdx.net: Geeklist -- T1 Service Anyone?]

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Fri Dec 5 18:52:53 CST 2003

Thought folks here mind find this drool-worthy.  $300/month (+ local loop)
T1 from a good ISP.

Reply to Doug Westervelt <dougw at pdx.net>

----- Forwarded message from Doug Westervelt <dougw at pdx.net> -----

From: Doug Westervelt <dougw at pdx.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:46:19 -0800
To: geeklist at geekhouse.org
Subject: Geeklist -- T1 Service Anyone?

Gang,

This may border on advertisement, but we need to pump up some revenues so
I'm going out on a limb.

We're about to add capacity (thanks, ELI!) to provide very inexpensive
Internet Access T1 service.  By inexpensive, I mean $299/mo plus local loop
for a full T1 of Internet Access.

How much does a local loop cost?  Well, if you're in an ELI-lit building
downtown, as little as about $50/mo.  If you're on Hawthorne and we use
Qwest, then more like $180/mo.  If you're in Gresham on Verizon, then like
$362/mo.  But considering that it's a full T1 at between $349/mo and
$661/mo depending on your geography, that's still a screaming deal.

Help us add new T1 customers.  If you're in the position of recommending
network services, we'll figure out a sweet referral bonus if you're
interested...

Sorry if I've crossed the line here.  Must add customers!

doug

.
=  GEekList  -- GeEk oF thE WorLd UniTed --    Techie forum        =
.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern at pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Is there an airport nearby or is that just my tae-kwon-do taking off?