[Pdx-pm] Acme::Code::Police

Curtis Poe cp at onsitetech.com
Wed Nov 20 12:58:07 CST 2002

I've just uploaded Acme::Code::Police to the CPAN
(http://search.cpan.org/author/OVID/Acme-Code-Police-2.1828/Police.pm).
Essentially, this module will delete your program if you didn't use strict
(though some systems will not allow this behavior).

I've made it extremely clear that this is a joke.  This is documented in the
README and in the POD, but I was wondering about the ethics of it.  This
program *could* be abused and anyone who uses it without reading the
numerous warnings (such as "Do not use this program under pain of death")
possibly deserves what they get.

However, the ethics of this bugs me.  Does anyone think that I went
overboard?

--
Cheers,
Curtis Poe

Taking e-Business and Internet Technology To The Extreme!