[Pdx-pm] Q about ithreads && signals

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Mon Nov 18 11:59:53 CST 2002

JH> So I'm guessing that there is some weird interaction between
JH> threads and signals.

While it's probably not exactly the same problem, Tim Bunce pointed
out in an e-mail to me that the "safe signals" handling in 5.8 had
some known issues.

My particular problem was with DBI: linking in DBD::Oracle would make
perl's "alarm" call "lwp_alarm", while before it would do a true
"alarm".  All sorts of fun there, but the report you gave (of "Alarm
Clock" showing up when you thought you reset it) was very similar to
what I saw.

Anyway, I don't know if it got any traction on the p5p list, but
here's a pointer to the message:

   http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-users@perl.org/msg13377.html

HTH,
t.