June meeting: POE

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Tue May 28 20:46:59 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 04:24:17PM -0700, Curtis Poe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The June meeting is coming down the pike (whatever that means).

	Those unfortunates living on the Eastern part of this country have
pikes, or 'turnpikes', which is another name for toll highway. They get
the priviledge of paying taxes as well as tolls. Pretty amazing when you
consider the population density of places like e.g. new jersey.

	I didn't know this either until I did some cross country driving a few
years ago.

	Austin
TIMTOWTDI