Dynamic HTML

Jason White jasona at inetarena.com
Fri Jun 28 18:08:05 CDT 2002

> Can you define what you mean by "Dynamic HTML"?  DHTML is a combination of
JavaScript, CSS, and
> HTML, and different browsers react differently (older ones don't handle it
at all).  This is a
> client-side issue.  Hower, I *think* what you mean is "how do I
dynamically create a Web page?"
> If so, I'm very opinionated (just ask my ex-wife :), but if you can
explain a little more about
> what you would like to accomplish with this (now and for the future), I'd
be better able to
> comment.
>
> Cheers,
> Curtis "Ovid" Poe

What I meant is, if you were writing a back-end perl application with a
dynamically generated HTML interface that maintains states, uses templates,
processes information, accesses a database, etc... Which perl modules would
you(Everybody / Anybody) personally find most useful.

I am currently using:
Bundle::DBI (DBD::mysql)
HTTP::Template
CGI

The reason I am using these modules is because I have "CGI Programming" by
good ol' O'reilly, however, I saw some dates in the book that made me
cringe, so... before I invest too much effort into eating these modules, I
figured I would see if anybody out here has any strong opinions about which
ones to use.

Jason White

TIMTOWTDI