Dynamic HTML

Ovid poec at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 28 17:38:56 CDT 2002

--- Jason White <jasona at inetarena.com> wrote:
> Looking for some opinions on what the 'best' dynamic HTML cgi solution is, using perl, of
> course.  All of my books on the subject are a little old, so I thought I'd ask around.
>
> Jason White

Jason,

Can you define what you mean by "Dynamic HTML"?  DHTML is a combination of JavaScript, CSS, and
HTML, and different browsers react differently (older ones don't handle it at all).  This is a
client-side issue.  Hower, I *think* what you mean is "how do I dynamically create a Web page?"
If so, I'm very opinionated (just ask my ex-wife :), but if you can explain a little more about
what you would like to accomplish with this (now and for the future), I'd be better able to
comment.

Cheers,
Curtis "Ovid" Poe

=====
"Ovid" on http://www.perlmonks.org/
Someone asked me how to count to 10 in Perl:
push at A,$_ for reverse q.e...q.n.;for(@A){$_=unpack(q|c|,$_);@a=split//;
shift at a;shift at a if $a[$[]eq$[;$_=join q||, at a};print $_,$/for reverse @A