auto-backup across the net

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jun 20 17:47:58 CDT 2002

>>>>> "Kari" == Kari Chisholm <karic at lclark.edu> writes:

Kari> In order to accomplish this kind of seamless transition, I need to
Kari> ensure that data is backed up across the net in more-or-less real time
Kari> - perhaps, every 5 minutes we ship changes to the data across the net.

Kari> Is there an obvious solution or technology that I should be thinking
Kari> of?  I'm almost exclusively a Perl guy, so solutions with Perl are a
Kari> good thing, but I'm open to other thoughts...

There are near-real-time replication solutions for both MySQL and
PostgreSQL.  Of course, with Oracle, it's that way out of the box. :)

TIMTOWTDI