Fw: Mailing list

Tom Phoenix rb-pdx-pm at redcat.com
Wed Jul 10 07:40:19 CDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Curtis Poe wrote:

> Note:  this is not the first time that I have sent an email to the list that
> never arrived.  Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Sometimes Majordomo, rather than forwarding something directly out to the
list, sends it to the list owner for manual approval. (Of course, that
means that they're lost forever, for this list. :-)

I don't remember all of the special bounces, but one of the rules tries to
keep uns*bscribe requests from going out to the list. If the first few
lines of your message have that offensive word, as your original did, it's
time for the list owner to step in, 'cause Majordomo thinks you might be
saying "Please uns*bscribe me from this list!"

Just one of the joys that is Majordomo...!

--Tom

TIMTOWTDI