[Pdx-pm] Appologies

Michael P plumpy at krimedawg.org
Wed Jul 24 20:38:18 CDT 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Jason White wrote:

> For example, when I didn't know what qw() was.  Try finding it
> documented in an O'reilly book, used extensivly, not documented.

It is documented, but not where you'd think.  The trick is that qw (like q
and qq) aren't functions; they just look that way.  But you can just as
easily use qw[foo barf] or q%foo barf% or even qw;foo barf; (they work
like m// and s/// in that respect).

Anyway, it's in the Camel at 2.6.4 and 2.8. (and the index!)

> What I would like to know is where I can find a table of the subjects
> available via perldoc.

perldoc perl

Another helpful trick you might not know is 'perldoc -f function' to look
up a specific function.  For example 'perldoc -f split' gives you split's
usage.