[Pdx-pm] Meeting tonight

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Wed Dec 11 12:39:53 CST 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:52:25AM -0800, Curtis Poe wrote:
> The social meeting is at Rose and Raindrop and I have to say that they're
> becoming a bit fussy about us.  They prefer one check, but we usually do
> separate ones.  Further, they said they're going to be a stickler about the
> $100.00 minimum.  At one point, Tom Phoenix passed the hat to create a small
> slush fund for us ($30.00), so we'll be able to cover it if we're short, but
> it might be nice if we can find a more suitable meeting place where these
> issues are not as significant.  Naturally, finding a place close to ONSITE!
> Technology would be helpful.

	Produce Row might be a little small. The Montage might be a good
choice, though they are lacking in beer selection.

	How about that weird looking gas-station-mexican place on MLK? I've
never actually eaten there, but it _looks_ friendly. At any rate it might
be worth it to call the R&R management and say 'wtf?'. Seems like we've made
the minimum every time I've been there (and not just because I'm a boozer).
Pissing off a legion of geeks doesn't seem like it would be in their best
interest, especially since many of us are regular customers to begin with.

> Also, for those who show up at the social meeting, I've noticed that one
> hour seems a bit short, while two hours is too long.  I propose that we
> extend it to an hour and a half, or just move the technical meeting up
> slightly and have the social meeting afterwards.  Comments welcome.  This is
> a benevolent dictatorship :)

	I would cast my vote for afterwards. It gives folks a chance to take
off whenever they feel like it, if they have other engagements. Hmm, you'd
also have an initial social head count too, that might make it easier to know
if we'll be able to make the fascist minimum.

	Austin