[Pdx-pm] Error opening a file.

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Aug 13 00:29:34 CDT 2002

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Johnson <russj at dimstar.net> writes:

Russ> I have the following line in my script:
Russ> my $input = new IO::File ("< $location/$area/$msg.xml");

Russ> Which gives me the following error:

Russ> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
Russ> /home/httpd/cgi-bin/readmsg.pl line 55.

Russ> I've verified that $location, $area and $msg all have values.

If that's the error you're getting, I'm betting something there is not
as you say.  I'd bet the rent on it.  Either you aren't running
the script you think you are, or you aren't verifying that all
of those values are defined() true, or something is broken with your
Perl.

But it is not as you say.