Damian Conway free presentation in portland - your input needed

Masque masque at pound.perl.org
Wed May 30 10:07:55 CDT 2001

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 08:11:08AM -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> As a part of the package that Damian offers in delivering three days
> of training Aug 1-3 at CPD, he's giving me a chance to offer a
> one-night free event, which I'm inclined to make co-sponsored by
> PDX.pm and Stonehenge in all my literature.

WOOOOHOOOO!  Go Randal!  Fantastic!  Spectacular!  Bonus!  Hot DOG!  Wow!

If ANY of you miss this event...well, your quality of life will suffer.
Don't miss Mr. Conway speaking.  Ever.

>     I'd be happy to do something on Perl 6, especially if I have access to
>     both screen projection and a whiteboard.

Honestly, I'm not excited about this.  I WOULD be, but...

>             * Quantum::Superpositions

...is something I could view daily and still enjoy thoroughly.

It gets my vote.  I think hearing his thoughts on perl6 would be spiffy,
but as you said it'll be right after TPC5 and I'll probably have had my
fill of that by then.  Plus, this is a talk that really shouldn't be
missed.

>             * Perligata : Perl for the XXIimum Century

Great as well, but Q::S is superior.  Barely.

>             * Extreme Perl: The Horror that is SelfGOL
>             * Life, The Universe, And Everything
>             * New Modules from The Conway Channel

The fact that these are new (at least to me) gnaws at me, but I'm still
for Q::S.

> So, feedback requested.  And timely as well, because we wanna start
> promoting the hell out of this event.  We've got a room that can hold
> probably about 150, and I'd like to see it filled with the local
> community.

Let me know how I can help.

Paul.
TIMTOWTDI