Exploring the deeper meaning of Perl

Mike Smith dogbert0101 at bigfoot.com
Wed May 17 23:14:11 CDT 2000

How about some projects (CGI/mod_Perl) to spruce up the PDX Mongers
website? Anyone have a wish list? That would give you (and others) a chance
to try things you may not have the opportunity to do otherwise, and make a
contribution to the cause as well.

Just my 2 (binary ;u) bits.

At 09:53 AM 5/17/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I personally think that Perl is the greatest thing since sliced
>bread.  Sadly, I haven't gotten to use it as much as I would like in my
>current job roles.  I use it for making command line tools more versatile,
>for scripting system administration and for converting ugly files into
>pretty data, but that is hardly hard-core, OOP
>
>I've Done some CGI scripts that interact with web pages and that was fun.
>
>I'm just wondering if there is a good place to look for
>projects.  Someplace that can possibly give small assignments or some
>other way to develop better Perl skills without quitting my job and
>starting an entry level position someplace.
>
>Jason White

later;
mike

TIMTOWTDI