[Omaha.pm] Multiple .so's with a distributable

Nick Wertzberger wertnick at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 07:03:17 PST 2014

Hey all,

I'm working on something that needs to run on multiple versions of Perl. I
love YAML, and want to use that as my markup language, and the best package
for YAML is one that does XS stuff to a c library.  It seems that,
depending on what version of perl i'm using, that layer breaks
magnificently.

I can figure out what all versions of perl this will be running under and
compile for them, but I don't know how to switch between them.

Is there a way / a better way than even that? The c lib version is SOO much
better than the pure perl version!