[Omaha.pm] Academic vs Production Code

Bill Brush bbrush at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:04:01 PDT 2012

You see the same thing in a lot of disciplines.  Computer sys admins who
have never worked with real server grade hardware, who know nothing about
planning for redundancy, etc.  Likewise you get electrical engineers who
have built theoretical circuits but have never had to produce a working
circuit with real world components.

Frankly I'm beginning to wonder if college really gives you anything useful
other than a checkbox "yep, got a degree"

Bill