[Omaha.pm] Win -> Unix -> Darwin!

Mat Caughron mat at phpconsulting.com
Wed Mar 9 15:35:08 PST 2005

Jon, Jay, Sean et al:

Of course, you could cave in and buy a Mac.

If you're into development via shell, you'll have all of the
standard unix goodness (and then some) in the terminal.
XTools is a decent IDE that you can use with perl, comes standard.
BBEdit CVS support is kinda nice too.

Other than one well-discussed bug in DBI, I've had no issues whatsoever
running perl code / CPAN modules on OSX for deployment on Linux-x86.

Any others care to comment on usefulness of MacOSX as a platform for perl
hacking?

Mat Caughron, CISSP
PHP Consulting
www.phpconsulting.com