[oak perl] Experience with browser favicon.ico?

Jon Seidel CMC jseidel at edpci.com
Mon Dec 24 13:13:01 PST 2007

Got it!

First of all, thanks to Randal for a quick test and then a re-test when I
figured it out.

1. The icon editor was saving the file incorrectly, for some reason. I
downloaded GIMP, opened the file, re-saved it (no changes) and now the file
works OK.

2. Browsers (at least some of them) cache the favicon once it's loaded and
won't reload it unless you clear cache.

Now it works just fine.

Enjoy.jon

--