[oak perl] Special meeting next week: Andy Lester on technical debt

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Thu Aug 10 15:10:06 PDT 2006

Hi Oaklandish types,

Quinn from sanfrancisco.pm here.  George just tipped us off about your
LinuxWorld Outing Tuesday.  As it happens, Andy Lester is speaking
to our group that night.  You're all invited, of course. :)  Moderate
and/or justify your pub crawl with yummy information from Andy!  Yay!

Below is a description of the talk.  You can get the full scoop, including
directions to the venue by public transit et cetera, at
http://sf.pm.org/weblog/ .

*****                                                          *****
==>                                                              <==
   Most importantly, RSVP to Jeff.Thalhammer at barclaysglobal.com
   so he knows to order food for you.  Jeff and Barclay's are hosting
   this meeting.

			*	*	*

Technical debt is that nasty condition companies get into where the
codebase is crufty, poorly documented, and hard to test, and everyone
is terrified of changing anything.  "Just like financial debt,
it's the compound interest on technical debt that snowballs until
you can no longer manage," Andy writes.  Come learn how to pay down
your biggest debts before that happens.

    7:00 p.m. (not our usual time)
    Tuesday, August 15, 2006 (not our usual date)
    BGI, 45 Fremont St., San Francisco:  http://tinyurl.com/pzq9f

    Details at http://sf.pm.org/weblog/

Big thanks to Jeff for providing the venue and the food.  Mondo thanks
to Andy for offering to appear during his trip to LinuxWorld. :)

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut