[Nottingham-pm] Monitoring website uptimes

Duncan Fyfe duncanfyfe at domenlas.com
Wed Jul 30 07:11:50 PDT 2014

On 30/07/14 00:30, Duncan Fyfe wrote:

> Back to your test script.  How frequent are the failures or put another
> way, how many times would you expect to have to run it before you saw
> a failure ?

Ok. I've modified the script (git patch attached, do as you will with it):
	a) for fun;
	b) to get it running on my server (so I don't have to install
Config::YAML);
	c) to dump more HTTP information in the event of a failure;
	d) to add https://www.google.com as a "really ought to be working" control.

Having run every 2 minutes since last night (> 360 tries) and I've not
seen any failures.  I'll get is up and running on another server
(different physical locations and network paths) and see what happens
there.

Have fun,
Duncan