[HRPM] Perl Expertise

Scott Cornette cornette at infi.net
Thu May 11 12:41:20 CDT 2000

All,

I have been noticing that a lot of questions on this mailing list are not
too difficult to answer.  In addition, I have noticed mention of "homework"
involving perl.  My question is this:  What is the general level of perl
programming ability within this group?

I think that it is great that there is a medium for questions like the ones
I am seeing and I really love the fact that there are people yearning to
learn perl.  I have been programming with perl (nearly exclusively) since
1994 and I am looking for a group that can help me progress even further in
my knowledge of perl.

I plan on sticking around and helping whenever I can because I really think
it is awesome that there is continued interest in perl.  Perhaps I am
underestimating the levels of perl expertise that I have seen so far.  If I
have, please let me know so I will not make such an invalid assumption
again.

Thanks for your time,

Scott Cornette
Team Leader