[nr-pm] dmoz.org

DJ Adams dj.adams at pobox.com
Mon Jan 22 06:47:30 CST 2001

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 07:49:16PM +0000, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> You are of course absolutely correct.  I was formerly a dmoz editor and
> one of the categories I edited was the Perl user-groups one, but you know
> how things are - pressures of work and so on meant I couldnt give as much
> time to it as I would have liked and I just let it slip.

Hey Jonathan - thanks for such a considered answer - cool. It does make
sense in a way, although somewhat silly :-)

I didn't know about the possibilities of '@ links' - this may be the
best (non-confrontational) solution in the short term. (In fact, I don't
know much about dmoz generally).

Regina - do you know if there *is* an editor for this section - and if
so who is it? Have you contacted them since? Who is the person you got
the original refusal from?

Jonathan - let us know if you contact anyone about this (altho don't
feel obliged to do so for us :-) - and thanks once again.

BTW - I'm coming over to England next week - I'll be there for the London
PM mtg on Thu 1st - if you can't make it, prehaps we could meet for a drink
(in Lewes?) on the weekend? My UK mobile Nr is 0802 841 555.

Cheers!
dj