[Neworleans-pm] developer group ideas

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Mon Nov 27 15:11:39 PST 2006

On Nov 27, 2006, at 5:07 PM, Joel Wietelmann wrote:

> 1. Go ahead with small, independently organized, interest-specific dev
> groups.  You could keep up your Perl group, we can get our PHP group
> moving, etc.

Allow me to chime in here and say that the #1 thing that any grouop
needs is content.  In all this discussion of NOLA.pm (and admittedly
I've been skimming) there's been talk of the group as an entity, but
not of what it provides its members.

The answer is pretty simple: If you want people to come to your group
meetings, you have to have something that is worth going for.  Most
people aren't going to go to ANY kind of meeting unless there's
something to attract them.  I've found that the only way to actually
get people going to Perl Mongers meetings is by having something
HAPPEN at the meeting.

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance