[Neworleans-pm] developer group ideas

Joel Wietelmann jwietelmann at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:07:06 PST 2006

Hi there everyone,

I've never been to one of your meetings, but I've got some ideas for you.

I and some friends/co-workers recently registered 'nolaphp.org' and
have been working on starting up a PHP group.  We hope to have the
webpage up and schedule our first event soon.  Anyone who'd like to
help out with that is welcome.

While interest-specific groups are great for their ability to keep
focused on things that truly interest the people involved, it would
also be great to have a general developers' group in town, so I
propose the following:

1. Go ahead with small, independently organized, interest-specific dev
groups.  You could keep up your Perl group, we can get our PHP group
moving, etc.

2. Create a larger, more general developers' group that is basically
nothing more than a way to affiliate all of our little dev groups.
This larger group could help organize major events co-hosted by our
independent groups.

Sound like something that would interest you?