[Neworleans-pm] Meeting Tonight

Donnie Cameron donnie at solomonstreet.com
Fri Oct 8 20:01:41 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I'm sorry I missed the meeting. I'm still in New Jersey, working on a
contract. I might have to spend a few months here. Let's hope you
remember me when I get back.

In the mean time, I'll be watching this list, so don't say anything
nasty about me. Oh, by the way, this new contract involves a lot of Perl
programming. I'm getting a sense that people around here are starting to
think really hard about moving away from ASP and towards Perl and even
PHP. The problems I hear most often have to do with DLLs. Most of the
people I've spoken to here feel more confident about deploying Web apps
in Perl, even on Windows machines. Clearly my opinions are not
scientific--I've haven't spoken to thousands of people or anything like
that. But I find the move to Perl surprising because I thought .NET
would suck up all of the ASP crowd. Particularly in this part of the
country.

--Donnie