[Mpls-pm] An introduction

Nick Melnick nick-list at dytara.com
Tue Jul 8 15:53:07 PDT 2008

Hi, everyone,

Sorry to barge in, but I wanted to introduce myself. My
name is Nick Melnick, and I'm moving back to Minneapolis
from Seattle in August. I grew up in the area, but went
out to the Pacific Northwest in 2000, and it's time to
come home.

I've seen a lot of great presentations and information
come out of Minneapolis.pm, and quite a bit of it has been
used, with credit, in our SPUG meetings. I look forward to
stopping in to a social or technical meeting soon after I
arrive to meet who might be left in the .pm. :)

I've been a perl guy for a little over ten years, but I'm
not sure I was any good for the first half of it. I'm
currently working as a contractor for a company in
Washington doing web applications for a few clients. I do
a lot of screwing around with Catalyst and Moose both
professionally and for fun, and still champion the
language even though I tend to work around a lot of PHP
guys. Poor saps. :)

Anyway, hello. Hope to meet you all some time.

  - Nick