[mplspm]: Local Perl training?

James.FitzGibbon James.FitzGibbon at target.com
Tue Mar 26 17:42:01 CST 2002

We have had both really good and really bad experiences with Euler.  Two of
our people went to Beginning Perl and had an great instructor named Jeff
Wolfe.
Then a few weeks later they went to Advanced Perl and had a terrible
instructor
whose primary focus was CGI programming rather than Perl as a generic
language.

In discussions with our Euler account manager, we found out that Jeff Wolfe
is no
longer training for them and the second (poor) instructor is now the
permanent Perl
person at Euler.  This is a shame because the other courses we've sent
people to Euler
for (UNIX, KSH, etc.) have been really well taught.

We have also found nothing locally; we plan on bringing someone from Tom
Christiansen's
group in sometime in May/June.  They charge $3000 a day for up to 12 people;
when you
work it out (even allowing for T&E) the cost per day per person is less than
any of
the established schools like Euler or HOTT.  For that caliber of training,
it's a real
bargain.

*** disclaimer *** the above (sans TCPC pricing) is my opinion, not my
employer's or
client's.  If someone has had a good experience with Euler's Perl training
recently I'd
love to hear about it.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon
Consultant, Ajilon Services, TTS-3D at TPN4H
james.fitzgibbon at target.com
voice/fax 612-761-6121/4277