[mplspm]: Ever heard of a routine called getColInfo()?

Mark Conty Mark_Conty at cargill.com
Tue Mar 19 18:16:35 CST 2002

Howdy --

Our Sybase DBAs are trying to run a Perl script (written by someone who's
been gone for over a year and a half) that generates a BCP format file.  The
script "use"s what appears to be a local module called TblInfo.pm.  I'm
trying to help them by finding the routine and/or file, but I'm not having
any luck searching around on our development servers.  It occurred to me
that he might have either gotten it from someone else, or (more likely) made
it available for others, so I did some digging around in Yahoo & Google.  I
found references to a Delphi-related pgm called tblinfo, but nothing
Sybase-ish.  Found references to a Java routine called getColInfo, but
nothing in the context of Sybase.

Has anyone heard of this?  If nothing else, based on the way the resulting
list of lists is used, I suggested that someone could probably whip up a
suitable replacement, taking advantage of the DBlib routines that return
column type, column size, etc., but if I could find the original copy,
that'd save a lotta time.

Thanks!
--
Mark Conty