[mplspm]: Wed or Thurs?

Jay Jacobs jay at lach.net
Tue Oct 23 11:06:14 CDT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Matthew Johnson wrote:

> Here is a list of topics I'm interested in:
>   -applications that use perl and javascript to run a ASP (example: webmail)

Big topic... I'd vote to have people present on things that they
personally have worked on and explain some of the processes they used to
accomplish a task or reach a specific goal.  But I'd lean towards more
technical aspects then the application, functional level.  I don't think
I'd limit this to ASP type applications either, I'd open it to anything
from simple log parsing tools to full functioning ASP solutions.

>   -automated auction processing

This has passed in and out of my thought process a few times... my
interest is there for this topic.

>   -perl and DBI in a data warehouse environment

An interesting part of this will be how to (if to) subclass the DBI
modules to achieve better results (faster to run or easier to develop,
easier to maintain, etc).  I know it's sparked some interesting and fiery
conversation in the past...  (How ya been Dave?)

>   -retrieving and saving real media streams for later playback

Never really thought about that.

> I'm not yet ready to present on these topics, but please let me know if
> there is a concurrent interest.

Concurrency noted!