last night at Wetherspoons

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Thu Nov 29 11:48:16 PST 2007

Hi, Julian.  Thanks for attending on Tuesday:  unfortunately I wasn't
feeling as talkative as usual and was quite surprised by the number of
people who showed up.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 06:35:54PM +0000, Julian Burdett wrote:
> Perl really interests me through the sys admin possibilities where I
> can apply it to Linux/Unix - thats  my angle.

In case you're interested in more books, I'd recommend "Minimal Perl".
I know a few sysadmins who it has helped incorporate Perl into their
work.  If you're processing data, read "Data Munging with Perl".  It's
a good book and Dave, its author, has given a couple of talks for us.

See you next time,