[Melbourne-pm] Request for July talks [was Meetings via Google Hangout]

Drew Taylor drew at drewtaylor.com
Mon Jul 1 20:53:45 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Alfie John <alfiej at opera.com> wrote:

> Until Toby raised it with me last year, I was surprised to hear that not
> all Perl Monger groups hold monthly meetings. I thought it was the norm,
> but it's an exception that Melbourne was the only regular monthly
> Australian PM group. Hopefully a Google Hangout with interstate (or even
> international) groups might spark some interest?

I'll admit, I was very spoiled by my time with Boston.pm who did have
monthly meetings. I agree an interstate Hangout might be useful for getting
interest started. There were several recent Melbourne.pm meetings that I
would have liked to attend because of the topics.

That said, I don't remember the last time I posted to the Sydney.pm
mailing... time to correct that!

Drew