[Melbourne-pm] OSDC Call for papers closes 8th August

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Tue Jul 31 22:30:53 PDT 2012

On 01/08/12 15:18, Jacinta Richardson wrote:
> On 01/08/12 15:07, Scott Penrose wrote:
>> Probably just coincidence. Normally Jacinta, me, Paul, others at MPM
>> are involved with OSDC organisation. This year we have been mostly
>> hands off, and I am working too many hours a day.
>
> I volunteered to be part of the team, but did not chase that up.  If
> they didn't want me then that's their loss.
>
>> I might also feedback to the organisers that this was missed, because
>> I then think, who else was missed :-)
>
> I am subscribed to almost every LUG in Australia, to all the PM groups
> in Australia and New Zealand, and to several business related groups as
> well.  The *only* place I saw the CFP, upon searching for it today, was
> where Arjen had forwarded it to H-GEN.  I have no idea where else it was
> successfully sent to, but I've been rectifying this by sending it to all
> the PM groups, SLUG, LUV, MLUG, CLUG and I'll continue to send it on to
> the others as I work my way through the list.

I haven't seen anything on any of the various non-perl open-source
development mailing lists which I am subscribed to, either.

I did a quick Google for mailing list announcements and didn't turn up
anything there either, apart from the OSDC site itself and one post on
twitter. [1]

Given the way that most mailing lists get archived and indexed by
Google, that seems pretty weird! Seriously!

Search string used:
osdc 2012 call for papers -netways -osdc.my -osdc.tw