[Melbourne-pm] Looking for a Perl consult... problem with sessions

Rick Giner rickginer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 19:23:12 PST 2012

I came to the same conclusion, but Apache::Session doesn't appear in the
codebase. Is it possible that other files could be being used outside
the web root?

What do you think might require permissions? I have added the /sessions/
folder and given it ownership of www-data (same as Apache) and even
tried permissions 777. Are there other folders I should be lookign at?
Or particular users I should try executing processes as?

To my knowledge the OS hasn't been changed recently, but I don't think
it was a well-maintained box. When I restarted it last week Apache
complained about missing files from sites that had been decommissioned,
but their definitions not removed from sites-enabled - so someone had
been tinkering in there and not properly tidying up after themselves. No
idea when the box was last restarted, but it's quite possible modules
were uninstalled or changed months ago and no one would have noticed
until the box was restarted last week