[Melbourne-pm] April 14 Perl Mongers Meeting!

Toby Wintermute tjc at wintrmute.net
Tue Apr 13 03:52:41 PDT 2010

On 13 April 2010 19:14, Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> wrote:
> G'day Melb.pm,
>
> Andrew Dent wrote:
>
>> Is there a Perl Mongers meeting this month?
>
> Alfie said:
>
>> Don't think so. This is an OSDC month. See Jacinta's email last week for details.
>
> However, while we have no speakers lined up, and REA is not available for
> this month, I think we can do what every other Perl Mongers group in the
> world does, and have a social meeting!  ;)
>
> Plus, Perl 5.12.0 just hit the world a couple of hours ago[1].  That's
> definitely something to raise a glass to.

It's just a small change, but the one I'm looking forward to the most
is finally getting rid of 'use strict' and 'use warnings' on 5.12.

> Suggestions of drinking holes welcome. ;)

Horse Bazaar on Little Lonsdale is small and we might struggle to get
a table, or hear each other, but it has decent drinks and cool
multimedia stuff. Often decent music too.

The Lounge on Swanston St is large, does food, beer and coffee. I
don't think they have any busy nights on a Wednesday, but I've never
really checked before either.

The Workshop on corner of Elizabeth and A'Beckett also does food, good
beers, cider on tap too, and has wifi.

Actually, yeah, I reckon the Workshop would be the best of those three.

It has more soul than Bar Deluxe, fewer exotic beers, but is cheaper to boot :)

-Toby