[Melbourne-pm] our $AUTHORITY = 'cpan:STEVAN';

Alec Clews alecclews at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 00:38:08 PDT 2009

Rick Measham wrote:

> I was saying a few months back (after Alec's Git talk) that it would
> be nice to replace CPAN with /git(hub)?/. Then I can fork someone's
> Foo::Bar and use it, and allow it to be used, without the confusion
> that it would cause if I put a second Foo::Bar on CPAN.

mmm... Bit of a double edged sword that.

It's very confusing trying to work out which is the correct version
(which version has the feature I need and has been tested and is not
broken with something else I'm not interested in). I'm currently
experiencing this affect trying to track various versions of a Git
support for Vim package.

On the balance I would prefer to keep CPAN, possibly with a fall-back to
a GitHub style approach for bleeding edge.

--
Alec Clews
Personal <alec.clews at gmail.com>			Melbourne, Australia.