[Melbourne-pm] Sept Fail 100 Bug Squash

Alec Clews alec.clews at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 19:18:27 PDT 2009

G'Day,

Jarich proposed, and was enthusiastically supported, that we have a
Perl Fail 100 bug squash session -- probably in Sept.

For those not present the idea is that we get together at a meeting
and see how many of the top 100 Perl bugs we can fix. The list is at
http://ali.as/top100/)

Since that is less than 8 weeks away perhaps we should start planning?

I have a few questions:

1) Are we holding a planning session or a hackathon? or both?
2) Can we get a venue with internet access? there was some discussion
that our current venue might be a networking problem... (I do have a
WiFi router/hub we can use)
3) Shall we pair program and can we get the least experienced paired with most?
4) If we have a network then shall we deliver via GitHub or Gitorious.
What would the workflow be? or use Git via ssh on a LAN? or an SVN
server...
5) Can we support remote contributors e.g. using irc?
6) Does anyone not have a laptop to bring and do we have any
alternative to offer?

Cheers

PS -- Hope this does not seem too officious...

--
Alec Clews
Personal <alec.clews at gmail.com>             Melbourne, Australia.