[Melbourne-pm] perl is a terrible language to learn

Alfie John alfiejohn at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:12:31 PDT 2008

I think Deborah's talk on "How to teach Perl" mentioned:

  * Perl is a hard language to teach, let alone learn
  * Perl is not a good 1st, 2nd, 3rd... language to learn
  * Perl is a good 10th language to learn

In other words, learn something else as your first programming
language. Learn other languages. Get good at how programming works.
Grok idioms from other languages. Take the good from all. Then... be
enlightened with Perl.

Alfie