[Melbourne-pm] perl is a terrible language to learn

deepfryed at gmail.com deepfryed at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 19:36:19 PDT 2008

Touché Jacinta. Well said.

I don't like Perl because its concise and neither do I claim it to be
better than other languages. I like Perl because I find it more
malleable than most languages and comes with a HUGE set of useful
libraries on CPAN. It's also the first language I loved programming
in. Although ruby shares some of that love now, Perl is still my
programming language of choice.

I don't use Java because I like typing out my code instead of relying
on auto-generation and Java gives me RSI. But if you like Java and
love programming in it, I am happy for you. All that matters is that
you get the job done and at the end of the day love what you are
doing.

Cheers,
Bharanee