[Melbourne-pm] How to create data structures with 'default values'

Alec Clews alec.clews at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 01:30:00 PST 2008

G'Day Perl Bunnies,

I have created a hash structure with a set of environment specific keys
and values.

* There is a different hash for each of the environments.

* Many of the values are the same (default) across all the
environments.

What is the easy way of setting up the defaults once and then have each
environment overwrite the default values with specific settings?

Currently I have a hash of defaults. However it's a pain to define each
specific value or assign the default value for every single key in every
single environment.

Thanks.

-
Alec Clews <alec.clews at voga.com.au>               Principal Consultant