[Melbourne-pm] Introducing myself

Patrick Donelan pat at patspam.com
Tue Mar 25 21:12:52 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've been lurking on the list for a few months without really posting
anything so I've decided to introduce myself.

My name is Patrick Donelan, I'm a 26 year old freelance software developer
(melb uni software eng grad) based out of my bedroom in north fitzroy ;) I
started off using Perl for sys admin work while I was a student but only got
properly hooked about 2 years ago. My current work and research is pretty
squarely centered on the web world (Perl and Javascript in particular). My
only real contact with other Perl programmers is through the Catalyst and
WebGUI IRC/mailing lists so I'm rather keen to come along to some Melb PM
get-togethers and meet some of you, make some friends, hear what people are
doing with Perl, bounce my own ideas off people and generally geek out on
Perl. Is that the sort of thing you guys do?

Patrick