[Melbourne-pm] Who's using Perl 5.10?

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Thu Jun 12 22:18:20 PDT 2008

5.8.7 on production boxes, only because 5.8.8 had nothing that was going
to help and I try not to upgrade production servers for the hell of it.

Personal machines are all Debian sid, which has been 5.10.0 for a little
while. Being able to to use -E and say in oneliners is a joy. Apart from
that I'm not really using the new features except to tinker because I
need to target 5.8 until 5.10 is more widespread.

I'll be building some new machines in ~3 months from now. They'll be
5.10.1 if its available, otherwise 5.8.8. Even though 5.10.0 seems to be
a hell of a lot more stable/bugfree than 5.6.0 and 5.8.0 were, it is
taking a little while for modules to catch up.

Cheers,
Rob.